Sophomore lefty will start for Virginia when it takes on TCU on Tuesday in CWS.
Today’s clash of the coasts at Scott Stadium should tell us something about what to expect from both teams when they collide at high noon.
An in-depth look at Saturday's game between No. 7 UCLA and Virginia.
With the final seconds of the first half ticking down, many Virginia students scurried toward the far end of Klockner Stadium so that they could wait in line for the free pizza that the ’Hoo Crew was about to give out.
Mone’ Jones, a four-star recruit, committed to the Cavaliers. The Durham, North Carolina, product picked UVa over the likes of Penn State, LSU and Texas A&M.
Most of 2013, Steve Fairchild mentioned how his offense desperately needed playmakers. At season’s end, he was still wishing.
At noon, Saturday, UVa will host No. 7 UCLA. These are the same Bruins that feature quarterback Brett Hundley, Kirk Herbstreit’s pick to win the Heisman; the same Bruins that Lee Corso picked to win the national title.
UCLA beat writer Jack Wang talks Hundley, Bruins' national title chances, replacing Anthony Barr, etc.
I channeled the spirit of Thomas Jefferson the other night (a few sips of Johnny Walker Blue Label might have been involved), just to get a better understanding of what it’s going to take for Mike London to survive.
OUR HISTORY The Will farm in Mt. Crawford had its beginning when Thomas J. Will purchased the land at auction in December 1924. He then moved his family from Timberville, VA that winter and began farming in the spring. For the next 27 years he operated it as a general livestock and crop farm, raising cattle, growing hay and corn with wheat being his cash crop. In 1952 his grandsons, Melvin Will, Jr. and James L. Will, purchased the farm from him. They built a dairy farm and began milking cows, selling their milk to the local co-op, Valley of Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Associate, better known as their trademark name Shenandoah’s Pride. In 1979 Melvin Will suffered a severe stroke and his sons Kenneth and Frank assumed the day to day operation of the farm while caring for their father and their mother who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1970. Will Brothers continued on as a dairy farm and purchased a second farm in 1989. Kenneth, his wife, Karen, and three children moved to the second farm in 1990 and assumed the daily operations there, while Frank continued to live and work on the original farm. Kenneth’s children, Daniel, Jeremy, and Nancy grew up working on the farm and now their own families have become a part of the farm living there while working to keep it for the next generation. These include Jeremy’s wife, Lauren and their two children, Ariel and Edward, Nancy’s husband Isaac Hill, and Frank’s wife, Cheryl. Melvin’s death in 1997 left Kenneth and Frank with a very large estate tax which severely depleted their cash reserves. In 2009 a disastrous depression in the price of milk led them to the realization that if they were to continue farming significant changes would have to occur. After more than two years of discussion and meetings, research, and study it was decided that adding value by processing and selling our own milk was the best option. With no other dairy processing and bottling milk in the area, we want to share with the people of the Shenandoah Valley fresh milk produced by a family that has been in the community for generations. We want to give our neighbors and friends milk from their own community, where they can see the happy cows munching on fresh green, grass and know they have a quality product they too can be proud of when they take a drink. At that point permits were applied for and bids taken for buildings and equipment. A machine shed and calf barn were constructed in the winter of 2012 to replaces one which had to be removed. Ground was broken in 2012 for the milk processing plant itself and we opened for business on Saturday, May 11, 2013. We hope you become a part of our family and allow us into yours. http://www.statesville.com/finditlocal/great-usa-dog-treats/business_4000046347.html Buy 10 Gallons of Milk and Get 1 Gallon FREE!
Dougs Maytag Home Appliance Center started out as Doug’s Appliance Repair in February of 1991. Douglas and Kelly Golder began running the company out of their home and garage, where it remained for 3 years. As the company started growing, they rented a store front in the town of Scottsville, Virginia where they continued to provide excellent appliance repair service to their customers. In, 1996 they ventured out and took advantage of an opportunity to join the Maytag Company. They now have a bigger showroom and office to better serve their customers. At this point the business name changed to Doug’s Maytag Home Appliance Center. This allowed them to sell Maytag products and still be able to maintain the repair side of the business.In 2006, Maytag was sold to the Whirlpool Corporation. With this merger , Doug’s Maytag, added Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, and Amana to the Maytag brand giving more versatility and choices to their customers. Doug’s Maytag, understands the different customer demands and needs in purchasing appliances, weather for a new construction or for upgrades to an existing home, and can advise the customer on their purchase. Doug’s Maytag offers financing and leasing programs which allows the customer flexibility with their purchaseThey have partnered with Brand source, which has helped to build the business in many different aspects. Doug’s Maytag is a sponsor of The Ronald McDonald House, Susan G. Komen, John Force Racing and Trees for the Future. Doug’s Maytag Home Appliance Center strives to provide exceptional value thru exemplary customer service before, during and after the sale. Stop in or call today to see for yourself! 434-296-6952 / 434-286-6952
Genesis Home & Energy provides alternative energy systems for both residential & commercial use. Established in August 2011, Genesisi Home & Energy has a goal of promoting environmentally responsible and sustainable living. The company designs, sells, installs & services solar panel systems for electricity & hot water. The company plans to offer sustainable living classes & products to promote water collection, farming, food preservation, & emergency preparedness. Our company takes seriously the stewardship given to us by God in caring for the earth, as laid out in the book of Genesis. Our logo emphasizes the unity that can be found between technology & sustainability. We focus on giving personalized attention to our customers, working with them to find a solution that fits their needs and budget.
H. L. Lang & Co. has been in business for over 120 years, since 1885, and continues to takes pride in retaining age-old traditions while keeping pace with the modern means of retailing.Tom King, is the current owner, a Master Jeweler, and member of the Independent Jewelers Organization. The IJO has a current membership of 850 independent retail jewelry stores, and provides educational seminars, marketing tools, and access to well over one hundred jewelry vendors. Two conventions a year are offered where you may connect with old friends and take advantage of the programs.Lang’s history goes back to the days when Henry L. Lang, an engraver and watchmaker by trade, who came to Staunton in 1885 and opened a jewelry store on property he purchased on the corner of Beverley and Augusta Streets. He sold this building in 1895 and moved his store to its present location at 11 West Beverley Street in Staunton, Virginia.Mr. Lang was a gifted engraver who took pride in his work and was also one of the first licensed optometrists in Virginia. He operated his business as a jeweler and an optometrist for 55 years. Mr. Lang served on Staunton City Council for a number of years, was as an active Mason, and served as an Elder in the First Presbyterian Church until his death in early 1940.Mr. George M. Rhodes purchased H.L. Lang & Co. from Mr. Lang’s estate, in 1940, where-upon he hired his two sons-in-law, Walter M. Dixon, and William Wilson to manage the business for him.In 1966, Mr. Wilson left Lang’s and purchased a store of his own, in Harrisonburg, Virginia. In the same year, Mr. Dixon purchased the business from Mr. Rhodes, and in 1968 hired his son-in-law, Thomas W. King to come and work with him.H.L. Lang & Co. has had four owners since the business began, and continues to carry on the tradition of having fine jewelry lines and quality designer pieces, to complement its traditional jewelry selections.The store has been redecorated and it’s cases rearranged, to better display the jewelry for customers ease of viewing. The fine old mahogany showcases that were originally made for the store, are still as impressive and elegant today as they were 100 years ago.We welcome you to come in and see for yourself.
Graystone Homes, Inc. is a Virginia-based custom homebuilder specializing in tailoring our homes to fit our customers' individual needs and desires while working within their budget. Our company is committed to old fashioned quality and craftsmanship. We use only the best materials, building with meticulous attention to every detail - even the ones you don't see.We have gained the respect of our customers by giving them a home they can be proud of at an affordable price. We recognize that our best advertisement is you, the customer.
Arbor Tech is your home for Arbor Supplies and Equipment. You will find everything you need to climb, cut and pull trees as well as all the clothing and safety equipment that goes with it.