Owen Godbold, an 18-year-old Greene County resident and recent high school graduate, spent months of his senior year investigating the history and future of farming in the county.
On June 21, neighbors and congregants gathered at Grace Episcopal Church’s garden for a “Taste of Unity,” including fellowship, harvesting beets and taste testing. The garden is nestled behind the church and across from Bailey Court Apartments.
When Lake Orange was formed back in 1967, a Florida strain of largemouth bass was stocked as well as the northern strain. Game biologists hoped that with proper management and a fertile lake, bass would grow big. And have they ever. How does 13.3 pounds sound? That Lake Orange largemouth was…
Great fishing lakes don’t just happen. They need to be tended to and treated like a garden, because that’s what lakes really are: gardens for fish. A poor lake produces a poor crop while a well-managed lake, such as Lake Orange, is extremely productive. We here in Central Virginia are blesse…
- Some members submit appeal to GCRC chair about June 25 meeting
- JAUNT Inc. takes over Greene Transit on July 1
- School Board discusses reopening plans this week
- GCRC chair answers questions about meetings, looks to unit's future
- Walton named principal of William Monroe Middle School
- Greene looks into defense zoning
- GCPS, WMHS honored by state
- New indictment & charge for the Snows
Latest Local Offers
Visit us in store on Lee Jackson Highway in Staunton, VA or online at http://www.paulobaughf…
Come in an rediscover the delicious sandwich that made New Orleans (and us) famous!
Come eat with us and experience, "...your gateway to Naples, Italy!" We're open from 11:00am…
Buy Local is a directory of businesses in our area who are offering gift cards for sale. If you do not currently have a gift card program, but would like to offer one right now or on an on-goi…